Saturday, 19 April 2008

Rockin Robyn


Robyn became famous over here when she did that video where she was walking through loads of moving lego to watered down dance music that you could say you liked non-ironically. She also reinvented the dyke haircut. I went for a drink with her near portabello road to talk about nu-rave and black people.

Billie JD: You recently did a remix of Snoop Dogg’s, ‘Sensual Seduction’ – ‘Sexual Eruption’. How did that work?


Robyn: I’ve never collaborated in such a sterile way as I did with Snoop where he literally sends the track, and I send back my vocals. No interaction whatsoever. But I couldn’t say no - I’ve been listening to Snoop since I was a little kid.

What's with that black kid that follows you around in the, 'Be Mine' video?

Its a reference to a Madonna video. Open Your Heart. There’s a little boy following her round. There’s this girl, she’s in love with someone but she hangs round with this little guy. He’s her friend, you know?

‘Handle Me’, was styled by Jeremy Scott. Is that quirky, colourful style very indicative of the fashion that you like?

Really it’s not! I like Jeremy Scott, but usually I dress down. I think there’s a part of the NU RAVE world which feels really pretentious at the moment.

No shit, Sherlock! What was your favourite piece?

The juke-box dress.

We heard your boyfriend is a cage-fighter.

Well, he used to be a cage fighter, in a sport called MMA – Mixed martial arts. But now he’s an artist.

K bai


Photo by Lewis Chaplin

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there everyone, it's my first go to see at this website, and article is genuinely fruitful in support of me, keep up posting these articles.
my webpage > physical

Anonymous said...

For most up-to-date news you have to pay a visit internet and on internet I found
this web page as a finest site for most recent
updates.
Also visit my webpage ; want to lose weight fast

Anonymous said...

It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read
this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions.
Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article.
I wish to read more things about it!
my website :: field

Anonymous said...

Drug and alcohol rehab center, ordered by a court.
3 percent at C$35. A former prosecutor turned personal injury lawyer philadelphia attorney in your locality, the best of it.
Mr Knust arrived at his father's house, his son decided to stay with his grandparents. It's a little scary!

Wex, 2005 personal injury lawyer philadelphia should enter in these agreements voluntarily to ensure that an unlucky and untimely
event will not have.

My web page; philadelphia personal injury lawyer

Anonymous said...



My blog :: web site

Anonymous said...



Stop by my website - website

Anonymous said...



my web blog: web page